07 September 2024

Cliff Hodge Is Also Out For The Meralco Bolts

Cliff Hodge
After Raymund Almazan was sidelined by a lingering back spasms, it is now the turn of Cliff Hodge to miss some games because of the same injury.

The longest-tenured player in Meralco's history already missed the 4 September game in the PBA 49th Season Governors’ Cup against Converge and is expected to miss a couple more as he deals with the pain.

The last time Hodge didn’t suit up for Meralco was nearly two years ago when he was out against Bay Area Dragons last 4 November 2022.

The 6-foot-4 power-forward said he remains unsure of when he will return, saying there is also a chance that he could be out in Meralco’s next game against Magnolia to be held on 7 September in Panabo City.

"I'm day-to-day now," said Hodge to Spin.ph.

"I've been dealing with back spasms since the last game. I’m hoping that I would be back. Maybe not this trip coming up, maybe I can, I don’t know. I’ll figure out by tomorrow. But maybe by Talk ‘N Text would be nice (on 12 September). So I’m day-by-day right now."

Hodge said he already felt the pain in Meralco’s last outing against NorthPort last 1 September where he played for only seven minutes.

"It was really painful. I can’t really move the last few days. But the good thing is it’s not a disc issue so it’s all muscles. It’s just a lot of rest which I don’t like to do," said Hodge.

Aside from Almazan and Hodge, the Bolts also missed the services of Allein Maliksi and Aaron Black. Despite their absence, the Bolts walloped Converge, 116-88, with Anjo Caram and Alvin Pasaol helping out in the win last 4 September.

No comments:

Post a Comment