12 August 2024

Is Meralco Bolts Trading For Caelan Tiongson?

Caelan Tiongson
In the episode of his "No Cooking Show" podcast a few weeks ago, Snow Badua revealed a very interesting rumor Rain or Shine wanting to trade Caelan Tiongson, the number 7 pick in the last PBA Draft. The main reason given is that Tiongson is looking to get a deal that is way above a rookie contract.

Given the history of Rain or Shine of not giving in to the player's unreasonable demands, it might be logical for them to just trade him and get something in return instead of holding on to his reights for eternity.

In the same episode, Coach Yeng Guiao dispel this rumor and carified that the team is not trading the 32-year olf forward and is just waiting for Tiongson to finish his duties with the Strong Group.

The rumor further intensified after it was reported that Rain or Shine is currently talking with NLEX and Meralco for a possible trade. Rain or Shine is reportedly asking for NLEX's Jonnel Policarpio, which the Road Warriors politely declined since they just selected Policarpio over Tiongson in the recent draft.

The last part of Badua's report said that Meralco could be interested to do the deal and is willing to offer Alvin Pasaol and Raymar Jose in exchange for Tiongson.

Meanwhile, Tiongson said that his stint in Taiwan helped him grow in a lot of aspects of his game, which surely boosted his game.

"In Taiwan, I played for a team that we weren't very good. We're a very young team and they asked a lot of me. Typically I've been a team player, one who is really good at a system," he said.

"In Taiwan, they asked me to score the ball a lot so it kinda just helped me develop that part of my game as well. Just added to the repertoire I guess I’d say, if a team needs me to get a bucket I could do that," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment