13 December 2016

Rabeh Al-Hussaini Needs To Step Up Consistently

Rabeh Al-Hussaini
Meralco Bolts fans are hopeful that Rabeh Al-Hussaini can get his confidence back soon and become a vital cog in the rotation of coach Norman Black. Three years after coming back from a long hiatus, the 6-foot-9 Fil-Kuwaiti center still has to dominate a game.

In the Bolts last game against their sister team, TNT KaTropa, he showed some flashes of brilliance with 14 points, two rebounds, and two blocks to help Meralco score the 98-87 win. However, it was evident that when KaTropa was trying to rally from a manageable deficit, the former Rookie of the Year cannot deliver the crucial points. Instead it was the rookie Ed Daquiaog who made the difference.

Without taking anything from Al-Hussaini, he still made an admirable contribution, especially during the third quarter.

"This is probably his best game in a long time tonight. He was very stable tonight as far as his performance is concerned," said coach Black. "He wasn't in a hurry. He took what the defense gave him. And defensively, he was good tonight."

"I had to step up," he said, as he faced against veteran Kelly Williams and younger big men Troy Rosario and Mo Tautuaa. However, in their next game against the Alaska Aces, he may need more than just stepping up.

"Last game, I really struggled and I knew I had to focus with the way the game is being played," he said.

"We’re doing well in practice. It just had to translate in the games and I'mm thankful we were effective today."

And it just bodes well with the challenge laid out to him by Black, as he tries to remind everyone of the potential he once had.

"We’re working on my game. Coach Norman also expects me to step up because if I don't, I won't play at all," he said. "That’s my goal, to be consistent. I know slowly, we're improving and I'm glad with that."

No comments:

Post a Comment