11 May 2014

T-Will Talks About Gun Incident

T-Will Interview
In an interview last year, former Boston Celtics guard and possibly Meralco Bolts import Terrence Williams said that he was only trying to protect himself and his 10-year-old son when he was arrested last May 2013 for brandishing a gun during a visitation exchange with the mother of his child in Kent, Washington.

Williams, who is free on US$ 25,000 bail while prosecutors investigate allegations of second-degree assault, spoke openly at times about his legal process with reporters on hand fduring one of his past workouts.

"We all know there’s two sides to every story," said Williams. "That's all I’m going to say about that, I'm not crazy. You guys have been around me for whatever 2 ½ months, I'm not crazy at all."

Later he added, "Before anything, I'm a father. Before anything, my job is to protect my kid. And to be there... Just dropping my son off, and something turns bad. It doesn't affect me, because I'm a father at the end of the day -- no basketball, no NBA, no nothing. I'm a father. I'm fortunate to be here, to be able to work out, to be able to come to this facility and still be on the team now (Boston Celtics). I can't let it affect me because the people that are saying the negative things, they don't really control my life or my future."

Williams expressed frustration at being portrayed as the villain despite a lack of charges brought against him to this point.

"It's very frustrating, because I was there, I know what happened, and I know what didn't happen," he said. "To anybody reading, and everybody that's writing these stories, it makes me out to be this bandit -- whatever that guy's name is in 'Public Enemies'... John Dillinger. It made me be like I was him. It’s very frustrating, because I know what happened, and what didn’t happen. All you can do is pray and move forward. That’s what I’ve been doing my whole life when something happens."

Asked if he brandished a gun during the exchange, Williams deferred to police reports, noting, "I think there’s reports out that say what happened, so if you guys want to read that, that’s available to read. Like I said, I didn’t do anything wrong, and I didn’t do what the next person, the next man, would have [done to] protect himself or his family."

Williams said he was actually scheduled to fly to Boston on Sunday, 19 May 2013, when he was arrested by police away from the scene of the altercation. He reportedly spent that night in jail and posted bail later.

"It feels great that I’m able to be here (Boston Celtics in 2013), this is my uniform as opposed to the picture that was put out, of me in a different uniform over Twitter," he said. "I feel good. It’s in God’s hands. At the end of the day, there's two sides to every story. I feel like if I’ve done something wrong, you wouldn't see me right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment