01 December 2017

Kelly Nabong Moves On

Kelly Nabong
During the Governor's Cup Conference semifinal battle between Meralco Bolts and Star Hotshots, Kelly Nabong was suspended indefinitely by Coach Norman Black. Mpt much was heard from the Bolts camp about the incident except to say that Nabong was not happy with his playing time.

Later, Nabong released a statement exclusively to Rappler regarding his suspension following an altercation with assistant Coach Jimmy Alapag. The 6-foot-7 slot man denied the allegation that he was "not happy due to his lack of playing time," saying it was because he felt that he was not being given the respect he deserved as a player.

The statement reads:

"I have been misjudged many times because of how I look, because of how I carry myself and though it doesn't show, being misjudged is really hurtful. I won't defend my actions at the game. I snapped and that was wrong. I have to control my emotions no matter how my coaches talk to me.

I just felt that somehow players famous or not, getting playing time or not, deserve a degree of respect too 'kahit player lang ako'. I let my emotions get the best of me but no, it wasn't because I wasn't playing. Regardless if I get my minutes or not the coaches that have handled me know I always put the best that I could.

To Meralco Bolts, Thank you for the chance you gave me. Lastly, To those that did not judge me right away, THANK YOU, 'tao lang din kasi ako' and to those that said hurtful things to me and judged me, Thank you for voicing out your thoughts. May God be with us all. -Kelly N."
The Meralco Bolts, who swept the Star Hotshots to advance to the Governors' Cup Finals, missed the services of the the Fil-Am center in their duel with defending champion Barangay Ginebra. The crowd-favorite kabarangay eventually ended the series in 7 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment