28 March 2015

Dillinger May Be Out for The Conference

Jared Dillinger
There was never a good time to suffer an injury. Jared Dilinger knows this after after suffering a horrific knee injury early in Meralco’s 97-82 quarterfinal win over NLEX last 27 March 2015.

The versatile forward left the game with three minutes and 10 seconds left in the first quarter when his left knee was sandwiched by Al Thornton’s legs after the Road Warriors import went up for a shot. He will probably be be out for the rest of the PBA Commissioner’s Cup.

"It’s pretty painful," said Dilinger, who has never had any severe knee injuries in the past.

The initial diagnosis is a strained MCL (medial collateral ligament). Dilinger could still walk around after the game, but said he took painkillers.

"I didn’t hear anything pop," he said. "But it definitely feels like there’s nothing there. It feels like I’m walking on jell-o."

Bolts coach Norman Black said an MRI test will be done on Dilinger’s knee and ruled him out for Game Two on Sunday (29 March 2015).

"He doesn’t look good," the American mentor said. "From what the trainer told me, it might be something that will keep him out for the rest of the conference."

Dillinger has been averaging 7.22 points, 4.0 rebounds and 1.1 assists for the Bolts this conference. He was also one of the most versatile defender that Meralco relies on to shadow the opposing guards. The only downside with his game is that he only can manage to shoot 34.8 percent from the field and a dismal 56.0 percent from the freethrow line.

Though he is aching to be on the floor, the hardworking lefty isn’t about to call it a conference. On the contrary, he is still going to be in the trenches with his teammates, albeit in a different capacity.

"All I know is I’m still gonna be there with my teammates. I still have my mind, so I can help them out, when I look at the court, when I look at the film, anything that the coaches’ need, I’ll give something of me," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment