02 October 2016

Bad News Greeted Bolts Win in Game 3

Jared Dillinger
The amiable and energetic wingman of Meralco Bolts, Jared Dillinger, may be sidelined during the most important run of the team this conference.

The Fil-Am guard was forced to sit Game Three of the PBA Governors Cup semifinals series between Meralco and TNT Katropa after going down with a hamstring injury in Gae Two.

Dillinger, 32, showed up in street clothes last 1 October at the Smart Araneta Coliseum as he was reduced cheering from the bench in the Bolts’ 119-113 upset of the top seeded Texters for a 2-1 lead in the best-of-five series.

"The only way he'll play again I think is if we make it to the finals. If we make it to the finals he should play. But he probably won't play in this series," coach Norman Black said.

Dillinger, however, refused to rule himself out of the series and bared that he would've have played on 3 October in Game 4 had Meralco lost Game 3.

"It depends on how the series goes. We got the win tonight so that's great. That will give me more time to rest. If we were to lose this game, I was going to probably force myself to play for Monday," said Dillinger, who sat on the bench in street clothes.

"I'm hoping that we win so I can get a little more rest until the finals starts."

The 32-year-old Dillinger walked with a noticeable limp as he made his way out of Smart Araneta Coliseum following the Bolts' 119-113 victory.

"It hurts, it's painful. It hurts to walk around, it’s painful to move. I don’t have much mobility but I’m not gonna sulk and be sad about it, I'm just gonna focus on the positives and heal up as fast as I can."

No comments:

Post a Comment