19 September 2013

Will Dillinger Join Bolts Against Mixers?

Jared Dillinger
On Friday, 20 September 2013, the Meralco Bolts will be playing their last game in the elimination round of the PBA Governor’s Cup. The outcome of that contest against the resurgent San Mig Coffee Mixers will determine who among the two will assure themselves of an automatic twice to beat advantage without any complications.

Given the importance of that game, everyone is wondering if Fil-American guard Jared Dillinger will finally join his team after a five-month injury layoff.

It will be recalled that Dillinger was acquired by the Bolts from sister team Talk 'N Text in a three-team trade also involving Barako Bull last June but has yet to suit up for the team owing to a pelvic injury suffered in a car accident last April.

No less than Meralco coach Ryan Gregorio confirmed to Spin.ph the return of Dillinger, who is scheduled to board his plane to Manila from California on today, 19 September 2013.

"I received a text from Jared, he’ll be ready to fly in on the 19th," bared Gregorio. "He told me that as soon as he hops out of the plane he is ready to go."

"I am hoping he is in tip-top shape which I am certain of because of his attitude in this game … he does not go out of shape," added the youthful mentor.

Dillinger also confirmed his arrival in an overseas conversation with Spin.ph.

"Yeah, I am leaving here on Thursday. I feel good! I don’t know what management has planned for me but my intention is to play and help the team as soon as I arrive," Dillinger said from California.

"(During my recovery) I worked mainly on my legs and core in functional type workouts," he added while trying to divert attention from his vastly developed biceps, saying, "I didn’t want to get too big lifting weights."

If the Bolts want to win their game against the Mixers, they will claim the second spot in the quarterfinals and the twice-to-beat advantage that comes along with it plus the idea of getting out of impressive Petron Bosster's bracket. If they lose, they are still on the top four, but could end up fighting for the last slot if Barangay Ginebra wins both of their games.

No comments:

Post a Comment